Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Are You A Prize?




Are you a prize? Do you put yourself on a pedestal or do you spend more time devaluing yourself?

This is not a promotion of vanity or self absorption. Rather
this is one of self awareness and self confidence.

One that can be a constant battle between the negative and positive whispers in your own head. I’ve noticed that as women we spend much of our time finding our own flaws and once we are done with that, then we proceed to find another person's flaws and point it out as well. Think about it. How much time do you spend finding your own flaws and comparing yourself to the images that you see in magazines and TV wishing you could measure up?


Tips To Help You Feel Good About Yourself:
For years, I spent energy in trying to fit into a mold that never fit me completely and comparing myself to others. The moments when I was happy with myself would quickly end because I would soon find something that I disliked about myself, whether it was physically or internally and my focus would zero in on that once again. What I am saying is that the time that you spend pouring down negativity upon yourself should be the time that you spend discovering all of the things that makes you special and indeed a prize.


Prize: verb (used with object),prized, priz·ing.to value or esteem highly,
to estimate the worth or value of

1 comment:

  1. I like the entry.
    You have some great vocabulary in it: battle, devalue, flaws, measure up zero in on....
    Don't forget to put 6 or more words on your list with an exercise and a grammar point.

    ReplyDelete