Sunday, March 7, 2010

Two Eggs Over Easy Please


This is so funny to me. I can't help but to share it.I really laughed on this one. I could fully relate with it.

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen.

“Careful,” he said, “CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You’re cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They’re going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you’re cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don’t forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt! USE THE SALT! THE SALT!”

The wife stared at him. “What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don’t know how to fry a couple of eggs?”

The husband calmly replied, “I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I’m driving.”


Vocabulary

Funny - (adjective) providing fun, causing amusement or laughter
Burst - (verb) to break open or fly apart
Listen - (verb) to give attention with the ear
Hurry - (verb) to move proceed or act with haste
Couple - (noun) two of the same sort considered together
Show - (verb) to exhibit or display


Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary words:
She needed a ____ of minutes to finish her test.
He wanted to ______ to the radio.
George Lopez is such a _____ commedienne.
Charlotte was startled when the balloon _____.
They were late and had to _____ to school.
Can you _____ me the way to San Jose?

Grammar Points - Adjectives that describe feelings

An adjective is a word that modifies a noun or a pronoun. It is a word that provides more information about another word. This can be used to describe feelings.

Example: Funny and exciting
Practice: Can you come up with 15 words that describe feelings?


For more information about adjectives, please go to the following website:
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/adjectives.htm

1 comment: