Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Hair

My hair is brown and curly. It is no longer chemically processed. Like Alice Walker, I too believe that oppressed hair puts a ceiling on the brain. Everyone wants what they don't have. If a woman has straight hair, she wants it to be curly, if she has curly hair, she wants it to be straight.

If she has short hair, she wants it to be long and vice versa.

At this juncture in my life, I accept my hair for what it is. It's just hair; everybody has it. I have been relaxer free, with no chemicals for about 3 years. On hot and humid days, my hair tends to become frizzy. I use gels and pomades to tame it.

If I want to wear a straight hair style, I will blow dry my hair and use a flat iron. It looks perfect; and I love it.

I am happy with my hair.


Vocabulary
Curly: (adjective)- curly or tending to curl
Believe: (verb) - to have faith in
Juncture: (noun) - point of time
Accept: (verb) to take or receive
Frizzy: (adjective) - formed into tight, small curls
Perfect: (adjective) - perfect; without flaws

The dolls hair was ____ and blond.
You must always ____ in yourself.
At this _____ in her life, she was able to go to Paris for vacation.
It is very hard for Doris to _____ the truth about her son Pierre.
The are in love and they make the _____ couple.
Due to the humidy, her hair was _______.

Grammar Point
The paragraph above has several adjectives, which describes nouns (my hair)
Identify the adjectives and the words they are describing.
Write about your hair. Use at least 6 adjectives.

1 comment:

  1. I love your hair entry. It's good that you have learned not to stress over hair.

    ReplyDelete