Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Nook


Ever since I can remember, reading has been one of my favorite activities. Throughout the years, I have acquired quite a library. Books are every where. Lo and behold, Barnes and Nobles has launched a new e-Reader called The Nook. It is supposed to be in competition with Amazon.com's Kindle.

With an e-reader, all of your books are digital.

Just like with an ipod, all of your music files and CDs are digital.

I am excited. It can hold 1,500 books and it also can hold a memory card. This means I can add up to 5,000 books. Oh, the possibilities are endless!
This e-Reader has wi-fi and Android technology. I can check my email. I can borrow e-books from the library, it reads pdf files, I can lend e-books to friends, it is an MP3 player, it can hold photos.

It will take some getting used to, but I will love having the extra space.


Vocabulary

Remember: (verb) - to recall to the mind

Launched: (verb) - to send forth, to release

Excited: (adjective) - stirred emotionally

Memory: (noun) - Storage on electronic device or card reader

Borrow: (verb) - to take and promise to return

Lend: (verb) - to grant the use of something on the condition that it is returned
Practice
Tasha has so many photos in her phone she needs a ______ card.
John was so ______ about having a new baby brother to play with.
Banks ______ people ______ and they promise to pay it back
A space ship was ______ to Mars.
I do not _____ where put my keys.
Grammar Points
What is an adverb? An adverb is a word that can modify a verb, an adjective or another adverb, clause or phrase. An adverb indicates manner, time, place, cause or degree and answers questions such as "how," "when," "where," and "how much."
Go to this website and fill in all the adverbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment